Thursday, October 28, 2010

Candy Stuffed Baked Apples

This is a recipe I adapted from  
Emeril Lagasse.

You'll need


6 medium tart apples
3/4 cup coarsely chopped snickers bar
12 caramels
butter
1 cup apple cider
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
After washing the apples, carefully cut 1/2 inch off the tops. 
Use a melon baller to scoop out the core, seeds and stem. Make sure you leave the bottom intact.
Stand the apples up in a baking  dish. Make sure the cut side is up. I sprayed my pan with baking spray, but you could probably get away with skipping that step.


Put some chopped up snickers bar each apple. Pack it in kind of tight. 

Then put a caramel in each apple, followed by more snickers, another caramel, and then more snickers. This is how much I used for 6 apples.   
(You might notice two caramels are missing. Some sort of petit theft while I wasn't looking is my guess.) 

Once your apples are stuffed 
 Put some dots of butter on top of each one, and after mixing the cider and sugar, pour the cider on top of the apples.
Then bake for 30-40 minutes. They'll look like this when they're done.
You can serve these with vanilla ice cream if you want, or whipped cream, but we like them with just a little bit of plain cream on them. You can also use different kinds of candy, like Heath bars or Babe Ruth bars. 
(Raid your kids Halloween candy next week and you'll have plenty of choices.)
It's a fairly versatile recipe.

YUM!

8 comments:

Katie @ the copper coconut said...

Wow those look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I like this recipe...looks like it's very easy to do!

Rondell

The Tattered Cottage said...

Those look absolutely decadently delicious!!

Lolo said...

Oh my....those look to die for! Thanks for sharing...or maybe not! ;)

Suveliina said...

Hey Suzanne! That looks tasty. I sure have to try. Not a common thing to do in Finland. Thanks for the recipe!!

Have a good weekend!!

PS. UPS is a good idea if I get lucky =) Thanks for the tip.

Tina @ www.commoncentshome.blogspot.com said...

These look delicious! I'm going to have to try. Thanks for sharing!

maureen said...

Wow, those really look good. When do you have time to do that? And take all those photos? And can I come over to have one, because there is just no way I'm going to do all that.

Stephanie said...

Yummmm! I'll HAVE to try this. It's one way to get the kids to eat an apple. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...