Friday, October 22, 2010

I Have This Thing

The tube without the handle fits into the tube with the handle.
I got it for a dollar at a flea market.
I think it was used to hold a fishing pole.
(Why would I think that?)
I wasn't sure what to do with it.
I really like the look of it. It's all rusty and dented and cool.
The obvious answer is a vase

of some sort
but I don't know. That seems like such a mundane use for such a cool thing.
(I apologize for the pictures. It was dark when I got home to take these.)
I know a lot of you are "complete whizes" at decorating.


What would you do with it?

10 comments:

cindy @ cottage instincts said...

Well, I like it as a vase. Love the branches you stuck in there. I think it's perfect!

NanaDiana said...

Perfect as a vase. It would also be cool standing alone with anything else you have that is "manly" or has a fishing theme. Great find! Hugs-Diana

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I like it as a vase. Since it has that nice nifty handle you could hang it instead from a hook. Or put it in your kitchen with some wooden spoons it it.

Jen said...

I love it as a vase! I bet you won't see another vase that looks the same!

Jane said...

Wow! Loved what you did with this old tube!
Jane

The Boston Lady said...

I like it as a vase too - it's much bigger than I originally thought from the first picture. At first I was going to suggest tool or pencil holder, but I can see it is too big for that - I think you've hit on the right thing - like the idea of hanging it. Ann

gina3 said...

Get a lamp kit and make it into the base for a lamp. With the top and bottom, maybe you could have a pair! It is pretty cool!

Ms EM said...

Here's some great ideas, an umbrella stand or walking cane OR a cue stick holder in the man cave. (attach it to a wall and then put the sticks in it. Maybe a place to put fire place tools. (depending on the actual size)

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

Hmmm. If it were shorter, I'd say a pencil containter. I might fill the bottom with something and do the pen/pencil container anyway, because that was instantly what I thought of. it's really neat!

Suveliina said...

Hey,
It looks really cute as a vase. Very nice! Making it for a lamp wont be a bad idea either.

Take care
Suvi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...