Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Ceiling.

But we decided last night, when we thought we were done, that we aren't really done. 
(Or "finished", if that's what your inner grammar geek tells you.)
It's a different look, but I really like it, and my kids love it!
It was somewhat challenging to install, just because you have your arms above your head for so long. I have to confess, though, that I didn't do much on this. My husband and both sons jumped in and I could tell pretty quick that my presence was not required.
We decided that we need a chunkier look for the trim. So we're adding more directly underneath what we installed. That's why nothing is caulked yet.
I do love it!
We got the tiles from 1005 Design. 
Based on my experience with them, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They were quick to respond to my emails, and they shipped really fast. The tiles are high quality, so overall, I'm pleased! 
(And I'm not just saying that because I got this free of charge. Promise.)
Also, I made some stars for those trees I'm decorating for the Christmas dinner at our church Wednesday night.
They were pretty simple, and didn't take long. I'll show you the finished trees later, when they're finished.
(I know, I just said "finished". Twice. My inner grammar geek wouldn't shut up. Also, I just had to buy more storage space for photos for my blog. Why was I so offended by that?)

13 comments:

gail myrepurposedlife.net said...

The ceiling looks great! The men did a nice job!
the stars are precious! I love sheet music.
Storage space? Did you know that when you have your pictures "clickable" to "enlarge" that they are stored on picassa twice? I realized that a couple of months ago and changed my settings. I don't want to purchase storage yet. I know I will have to eventually though because I love pictures!
have a great day!
gail

Jen said...

Love your ceiling!
and the stars too!

Suveliina said...

I love your ceiling!!! So pretty!! Love the start too. It's always a pleasure to stop by at your blog. Hope you have a great week! Christmas is almost here =)

poindextr said...

Yay - the tiled ceiling gives that room a fabulous look. Y'all did a spectacular job. I wouldn't have thought to add more substantial trim, but I think you're totally on target there. It will be the perfect touch. And can I just say I love those little paper stars? Love them!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

This looks great! So they are metal tiles? It looks so seamless that I thought maybe it was wallpaper painted to look like that. Awesome job and I love the texture in the room!!

I am having a giveaway if you would like to enter! Have a great week!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh i love it, suzanne! it adds a modern yet classic drama to the room!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

It is fantastic looks so rich looking and can't wait to see it with the other trim added. Your hubby and sons did a great job! Love those sheet music stars, can't wait to see the trees done too!

Roseanna said...

Love it! So pretty. My daughter and SIL own an old building in their small town, it was a masonic lodge at one time, anyway every room has the original tin ceilings and moldings. They are in perfect condition. I have always loved them.
BTW...English major here! I am a horrible example,
most of the time.

The Boston Lady said...

I think it looks wonderful and to me it has a retro look to it. I'm glad that you were able to "supervise" the job and not have to hold your arms up that long. Ann

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I am totally jealous! That looks great!


What would you do with a $75 gift card?  I have a  giveaway on my blog right now for just that!  

Come on over and enter!  

NanaDiana said...

Your ceiling looks wonderful!!! I love it...a lot of work..but soooo worth it. I like your little stars too...is there a tutorial out there for them? I suppose I like them done/finished/fini but how the heck did you make them?! LOL Hugs- Diana

Amber said...

The ceiling looks really nice Suzanne. I would love to see a picture with the chunkier molding. I agree, I think that will add the finishing touch!

Hilary @ Sweet as June said...

i missed this post... that ceiling is awesome!!!! that is going in my inspiration book! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...