Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Dinner Decor

I'm done decorating for the Christmas dinner at our church. I didn't have to do the tables, just the entryway. 
So that's what people see when they first walk in.
 I borrowed the picket fence from a friend. I had planned to use lights on it, but found out when I was setting up that I couldn't use them. Some nonsense about fire hazards.
I just stuck pine branches behind the top of the fence, and through some of the slats.
I wired this star to the center.
The trees I was given to decorate turned out to be small, which was good.
 I put some gathered burlap garlands on the tree for texture. And because I have more burlap than any sane person should. I let the edges fray.
I also put bed springs on the trees
along with the stars.
I decided to use the washtub to help fill things in a little.
You might remember it from this post. 
I really like these stars!
The view from the other side.
It turns out, 12 feet of the star garland was a little too much. I just tucked the extra behind the fence.
This is the first time I've done something like this, and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
And since I only used things I already had, thing I made or things I found, I did it for less than $10!

Thanks for reading!
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

18 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Very nice, Suzanne. I love the burlap!

Jane said...

You did a great job! Very beautiful!

Jane

poindextr said...

Suzanne, it turned out so nice. Looks very professional! Your sweet puffy star garland and larger music stars are so nice and the fence is the perfect backdrop. What a wonderful way to set the mood for the banquet guests. You are so creative!

gail myrepurposedlife.net said...

It's so pretty! I love the fence and all the special little touches. So glad it was fun to do.
gail

Anonymous said...

K...the word is out now. Suzanne for decorating! I loved it!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

You really out did yourself on this project, it will so make people happy and put them in the Christmas spirt, love the burlap and the container!

Karena said...

Suzanne really fun and creative, I love it!!!

Thank you for entering My Giveaway from My Sparrow!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks so beautiful all put together, suzanne!

Erin @ The Little Apartment said...

More burlap than any sane person should..that cracks me up. I really like the garland, are you going to do a tutorial for it? Cause I think you should! (Because I want to know!)

cindy @ cottage instincts said...

Woo! Super cute! Has Donna of Funky Junk seen this???Right up her ally :)

Amber said...

this turned out really cute Suzanne! :) Very creative with the bedsprings. I would never have thought of that! I love the picket fence with the pine and your star theme.

Amber said...

oh, and a great use of resources! Virtually no money spent! Bravo!

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

Who would have thought bed springs could be soo beautiful?? You, That's who! Love them. It all looks soo cute. I bet you were the star of the night. I'm definatley making me some paper stars for my tree now. Good Job.

NanaDiana said...

Suzanne-It's hard to believe that is the first time you have ever done something like that? Are you kidding me? You did a fantastic job...I LOVE it....I know you have a great eye for pieces of furniture and fixing them...so you have just carried it one step further. Just a small warning though...it is addictive. Soon you will be wanting to fancy-fie everything around you! Hugs, girl! xxoo Diana

Creative Ambitions said...

Looks awesome Suzanne! Love that fence! The tub was a great addition! It all looks great!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

It worked out so well. The washtub with presents spilling out is genious and I love the star garland across the top. You did a fantastic job - especially on $10. Good thing you horde burlap ;)

One Shabby Old House said...

Very pretty. They are lucky to have you there! Have a Merry Christmas.

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

I love it all. The fence makes the perfect background for all the 'yummy' decorations! Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...