Monday, December 6, 2010

Cute Apartment

We recently helped our daughter and son in law move to a new apartment. It's in an older building and I thought it was really charming.
There are french doors to the bedroom.
The door on the  left is to the "dressing room". The cabinets in there had the neatest hardware.
(I am a hardware dork.)
The bathroom is through the dressing room.
 I'm pretty sure the tile is original.
The kitchen really grabbed me.
A pink stove!
I really liked the cabinets. It's what I'd put in my kitchen if we ever totally re-do it.
And a banquette! It seats 4 easily, 6 if they're a skinny 6.
And a built in ironing board. I think it needs a cuter cover. 
For a smaller apartment, it had so many closets and cupboards that I was getting a little envious. The front room closet was big enough to park 3 bicycles in, and there was room to spare.
I can't wait to go back and see how my daughter has decorated it!

I'll be out of town this week. We're going to Las Vegas.
Sounds like a fun time, right?
Unless you factor in a few salient points. 
Such as, I don't gamble. Or drink. Or have any interest in seeing a faux Elvis performing on stage.
But there are a TON of architectural salvage yards, so I'm sure I'll find plenty to do while my husband is busy with his conference.
And I'm taking a lot of books.
I'll be away from my computer, so I won't be able to reply to your comments. I do have some posts lined up, though.

Have a great week!



14 comments:

cindy @ cottage instincts said...

VEry cute! Why oh why don't they put this much effort into newer homes anymore???

Have a great and safe trip!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

What an awesome apartment!! Thanks for sharing.

Salvage yard junking sounds great fun! I'm sure you'll come back with some super cool thing(s). Enjoy!

maureen said...

That is the cutest apartment I've ever seen. A pink stove? *swoon* I love that kitchen sink too. oh, and the french doors. so cute. Can't wait to see what your daughter does with it.
I'm with you on the Vegas thing. I don't gamble, not so interested in the shows, and although I do enjoy a glass of wine, you can only fill so many hours with that.
Enjoy your time away, hope you find some good junk!

Amber said...

I love your daughter's new apartment! How fun for them!

Have FUN in Vegas! I've never been. I didn't know they had a conference out there. I'll have to tell my husband - maybe we could actually go on a vacation someday together without the kids! I hear the hotels are fantastic, even if you don't gamble. Enjoy the warm weather, sip a virgin daquerie by the pool, get a massage. Sounds like a dream!!

Hope you find some good salvage too!

Amber said...

*daiquiri. I knew that didn't look right! ;)

The Tattered Cottage said...

That apartment is too cute. You will have to share some photos after your daughter has settled in. I love the kitchen sink and those french doors!!!

poindextr said...

cute apartment - reminds me of some of my earlier years *nostalgic sigh*

Oh - I'm sure you'll totally have fun in Vegas! It's a true spectacle, you can't help but find something to marvel at.

Enjoy your week and happy hunting!

Lolo said...

What an an adorable little apartment :) Storage in newer homes is soooo lacking. What a disappointment. I cant wait to see pics of it all decorated!

While in Vegas you MUST go to the Bellagio's Conservatory and check out their Christmas display. They do a seasonal display and change it every season, but the Christmas one is to die for. Please check it out and let me know what you think :)
Have a wonderful trip.....

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a dream of an apartment, love the pink stove, french doors and ironing board! You have to show us pictures of it when she is done decorating!

Have fun in Vegas, I've never been there gambling just doesn't interest me but I would love to see the shows...have a great time!

Rondell

Sara @ thesherlockshome said...

That is a super cute apartment. I love all the storage!

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia said...

I love old spaces and that apartment would be a dream to live in.
I have been to Vegas, and I also don't gamble or drink but there is SO MUCH to see at each Hotel. My favorites where Bellagio and Paris Hotels (New York, New York was fun, if you don't call I almost died in their roller-coaster) Have FUN

Hilary @ Sweet as June said...

what a neat apartment... have fun in Las Vegas baby!!! ;)

NanaDiana said...

What a great looking apartment. I love all the french doors! And a pink stove? WOW! Love it-Hope she does too! Hugs- Diana

C'est Magnifique said...

It is very cute, will you show us how she decorates? I'm nosey like that!!

Have fun in Vegas... I'm not a gambler or a drinker either, but I had fun people watching!

Tania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...