Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Small Doses of Christmas

Last year I made a concerted effort to bring a little Christmas cheer to every room in the house. 
Nothing big. 
I'm not the mom that thinks everyone should have their own tree in their bedrooms.(Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not what I do.)
Simple touches.
I bought this pitcher at Ikea, and filled it with some branches.
Since our tree is in the family room, I put this in the living room.
 This is what I have on top of the piano. I'm still working on it. I think I need some sort of arrangement in the middle with some greenery.
I love these little trees.
I hung some simple ornaments on our bedroom windows from a ribbon.
I made some little wreaths for my kid's bedrooms. OK, I just clipped the birds to the wreaths.
(I also made the coat racks with my kids.)
This bear is always on top of the tree.
I gave it to my husband for Valentine's day when we were dating. After we were married, we were too poor to buy decorations for the tree, so I glued a bow tie on this guy and stuck him on top of our sad looking little tree. I think I had this bear and some candy canes on it. Maybe some lights.





I'll show you some more tomorrow.



Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

poindextr said...

what a heartwarming story about the bear. :) Maybe it's just the sentimentality of my years, but I look back so fondly on the most humble of Christmas decorations as my dearest treasures. I can see where that bear would be so dear to you and your sweet hubby.

I'm actually one of those people who like to have as many Christmas trees as possible. Three so far (one XL, one L and one M). Two more yet to go (one S and one XS).

But I so appreciate your sweet touches, especially the little decorations hanging in the windows. That is charming.

Merry merry!!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Love the story of the bear! It's all about humble beginnings.

So I am the kind of mom that would love to have a Christmas tree in every room. I just don't have the space. So far we do two. One for me and one smaller one for the boys.

After you're done with the piano, are you gonna put the Meridian Rd. sign and use it for the logo during Christmas?

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love that pitcher with the greenery. They look all frosted. The trees are so pretty too. Great story behind the little bear. Love the sentimental stuff at Christmas time.

Sara @ thesherlockshome said...

Of course, I love the little bear! The story behind it is so cute. I like all the little ways you are adding Christmas cheer!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I like what you have done so far! I like it because they are simple yet classic!! I am definitely a traditional Christmas and color girl!!

cindy @ cottage instincts said...

I get overwhelmed trying to decorate a bit in each room. Last year was the first year I tried it, and I went bonkers :)

I love your touches though...'specially for the bedrooms. I have that same IKEA pitcher, and I do believe I'll stick some greenery in it for my front porch. :) There, you inspired me.

Suveliina said...

Hey Suzanne!

Beautiful pictures!! I love the story of the bear. In our tree there is an angel on the top and I actually remember getting it from a kindergarten one Christmas when we had a advent calender. The angel came from behind one of the calendar door. So since that it's been on the top of the tree..

Have a great December first!!

Suvi

Something Nice and Pretty said...

The pitcher with the greenery looks great and I love the story of the bear!

Rondell

☞ ⒶⓃⓃⒺ ☜ said...

The bear as your tree topper is priceless...and that's what Christmas is all about! It's not the high-priced matchy matchy stuff, but what's important to you...and what makes you smile from the memories of how that little guy got such a prominent position on your family tree!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love all the little touches! especially those little wreaths with the birdies- so cute. and when my kids are old enough, i am totally getting a tree for the playroom downstairs and will let them decorate it with their ornaments and paper chains.... i am that mom. or at least i want to be! ;)

Lori said...

Love the metal pitcher, IKEA huh? I might need to take a trip there. There is one about 30 minutes from me. Everything is beginning to look wonderful.

NanaDiana said...

Love the bear story! It's amazing what we used to make do with, isn't it? I like that you do at least a little Christmas in every room. Hugs-Diana

maureen said...

Lovely little touches. I love the greenery in the white pitcher. I'm really thinking this year less is more in the holiday decoating department.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...