Monday, April 11, 2011

Awesome Stapler!

I did some simple upholstery over the weekend.
All the projects I've done before have been nothing but an exercise in frustration, because I could never find a stapler that was powerful enough to go through the fabric and all the way into the wood. We don't have an air compressor (although I'd LOVE one) anything I've ever used was either manual or electric, both equally disappointing.
Then I found this.
I love this thing!
The Arrow ETFX50.
IT WORKS!
(It came in this box, if you decide to look for one)
The part in the upper left hand corner is what sold me on it at first. It says good for upholstery, and they do not lie!
You just have to make sure you press down hard. It helps to use both hands. On for the trigger and one on top of the stapler pressing down. It has a little bit of a kick.
This is what I upholstered.
It sat at the foot of our bed until I replaced it with this. (I wish I had a before the before photo. The top was avocado green crushed velvet, and it had a really thin diamond tufted cushion on the top. The whole thing was so low to the ground that you'd have to almost squat to sit on it. That's why the cushion on it now is so thick.)
My daughter wanted the old bench in her room, but it didn't fit with the pink and cream color scheme.
So I cut up this huge old bedspread.
It had some holes around the edges
so I didn't feel all that bad about cutting it up.
It's just a very simple upholstery job, and I'd show you more of it if I were thrilled with how it turned out. The bench just looks  OK. So this is more about the stapler.

I haven't been paid to rave about this stapler~I'm sure the company will never know I've even said a word. I was just so excited to find something that really will staple through layers of thick fabric and into tough wood.



Thanks for reading!



15 comments:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love the old bedspread you used to cover it. It turned out great! I have a Powershot electric stapler. Used it yesterday. I get frustrated with it at times because you have to put just the right amount of pressure on it to get them in! But it makes for fast work. I just don't like having to go back and set the nails. But even with the compressor one we have you sometimes have to do that.

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy Suzanne....Dontcha just LOVE a good power tool.... :o) !!

LOVE how your first upholstery project turned out....What are you gonna use it on next....??

Have a WONDERFUL week Lovey....!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

Theresa said...

That is just the kind I need, my wrists can't handle the manual kind anymore! Your bench looks so sweet, I'm kinda a fanatic about chenille :) xoxo

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

Thanks for the great tip! I've been frustrated with this before, too. I'd like to change the fabric on one of my chairs, but I remember the headache the first time around, so I'm putting it off. I'll have to look for that stapler:)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

soooo cute!! i am sure your daughter loves it!

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

woohooo! congrats on your new "love". Using the old bedspread is awesome. Looks great to me!
gail

GRAMS said...

I have a compressor and nail gun but that looks like a fun tool. I just might have to go get one for quick jobs and stuff. One can never have enough power tools. The bench turned out really cute.

poindextr said...

I love those old bedspreads. I don't know what they're called. Reminds me of white hobnail glassware. Good job! I'm sure your daughter must be thrilled with the results. And thank you Suzanne for your sweet and very supportive comments. It's always so nice to hear from you. I always look forward to checking in on you here. How are your little seedling sprouts? Must be BIG by now. I'm having to race against the clock to get my zinnia sprouts into a flowerbed that I've not entirely unearthed yet. :)

gina3 said...

I think that's one I have and I love it! I even like the little kick back it has when you use it; makes me feel tough.

Sara @ thesherlockshome said...

I need to get one of those! My hubby has a manual staple gun, but it just doesn't *quite* do what I want at times!

NanaDiana said...

That is the same one I have and I love it! Not fun when you get a jam though...which I have done a couple of times-don't ask.....Diana

Dagmar said...

love the job you did with the bedspread..the bench looks awesome....I will be putting that stapler on my list..I have a bench to paint and re-cover..got my mind working.
thanks for your lovely comments..we are in Klamath Falls, Oregon tonight..and maybe Seattle tomorrow then Vancouver Wed...
ox
Dagmar

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Thanks for sharing this! You didn't happen to be lurking around my garage this past weekend when I was saying a few choice words to my stapler were you? This post seems so coincidental!!! LOL!

hilary @ the upcycle furniture co. said...

it turned out cute! we have a compressor but it scares me!!!!

Amber said...

I need to get me one of those. I have an electric stapler, but i'm sure it's not for upholstery. I love that you used a vintage bedspread. Very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...