Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp


RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRISP
                (you know you want to make some!)

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1837,147170-251204,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
4 c. rhubarb pieces (about 1 lb.)
2 c. sliced strawberries

1 c. sugar
1 1/3 c. flour, divided
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. butter, melted & cooled
 In large bowl combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, 1/3 cup flour and cinnamon. (it's a good idea steam the rhubarb for a few minutes first. Just until it's almost tender. Otherwise, you'll have soft strawberries and 
al dente rhubarb. Not an ideal combo.) 
Put the fruit in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
In another bowl combine the remaining 1 cup flour with the brown sugar, oats and nutmeg. Add the butter and blend well to create the streusel. Use a pastry cutter if you don't need to melt the butter.
Sprinkle the streusel over the rhubarb mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream. (homemade, even!)

Enjoy!




7 comments:

Rosie said...

Yum!! I LOVE rhubarb and strawberries! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe - I'll definitely give this a try!

Theresa said...

I do I do I do want to eat some!!! That looks so good, thanks!
Your sweet grandbaby is simply adorable!
Congratulations to all! t. xoxooxo

NanaDiana said...

Great recipe! I absolutely LOVE rhubarb and was making a very similar crisp to take to work. One of the gals there that was about my age had NEVER had rhubarb-WHAT? Seriously? She thought it was "okay"...everyone else cleaned the pan! xo Diana

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh my yum.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

YUM! I wonder if we have rhubarb over here. I can't say I remember ever seeing it at the grocery store.

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Suzanne you're TEASE.... :o) !!

It looks absolutely DIVINE....WISH I coulda shared it with ya....!

Hope you're having a FAB week Lovey....!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah xx

Lori said...

Yum, my Mom used to make strawberry rhubarb pie. I can taste it now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...