Monday, June 27, 2011

This and That


My oldest son took a study abroad course earlier this spring, and he brought this tablecloth back for me from Greece.
I love the embroidery.
 And the fringed ends.
This is the other thing I got at the estate sale. There was an entire shed full of these ceiling tiles. I was going to go back last Saturday when things are usually marked half price and see if I could get more.  
(wouldn't these look great as cabinet doors?) 
Then our little granddaughter decided to take an earlier flight, so to speak, and I couldn't go. I had a friend go and check for me, and she said they were all gone. They even had the huge crown molding! Losing out on that deal would normally haunt me, but the sting just isn't there this time. I got a sweet little baby instead. (thank you so much for all your congratulations and well wishes! She's doing well.)
And last up~by tonight, this will look like a giant flag. I hope!

Thanks for reading!




8 comments:

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Ah, those ceiling tiles! They're gorgeous. I still wish I could have gone!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Those are great tiles. They look to be in really nice shape too. Whatcha gonna do with them?
Hope the baby is doing well. :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

what a wonderful gift from your son! amazing!!! and of course i love the tiles, too!
and so happy the baby is home and well!

poindextr said...

can't wait to see the flag! I must have missed something - are you making something for a parade? What an awesome project! I adore that tablecloth too (secret love affair with tablecloths) and the tin ceiling panels. They seem to go together, somehow. Pretty pretty :)

Dagmar said...

Hi Suzanne..wonderful son you have to know you so well to bring you such a lovely gift....can't wait to see your float...have you had a great time with you sweet grand daughter?
xo

NanaDiana said...

I know how hard it is when you wish you had bought something more upfront and then it is gone...hmmmm..baby? ceiling tiles? baby? ceiling tiles? ah...yes...we have a winner! You can always find more ceiling tiles but those babies are hard to come by! Can't wait to see your giant flag...when you are done with it I think it would look lovely planted by the GIANT beet patch! xo Diana

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

That table cloth is lovely! I would hate to have people eat on it though. I can see me being a nut about it! DON'T SPILL THE WINE!!!

Tiles are great too! The baby's the best though!!! :)

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Suzanne how SWEET of your Son to find you this LOVELY Treasure.... :o) !!

The ceiling tin is GORGEOUS & NO....It wouldn't matter after the GIFT you received from your daughter....!!!!!

Can't wait to see your flag....!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...