Monday, July 18, 2011

Want Maps?

If you've been looking for vintage maps, or even just large maps for a certain project but couldn't find them, then look at this!
Available at a Walmart near you,
large (48"x32") US maps for only
$4.97! Tea stain them for that aged to perfection look. :) (Distress ink would work, too.)


Camping went really well. At one point, we had 19 girls there, and we had no problems at all. No drama. NO fights! None. We had one special needs girl with us, and it was almost overwhelming to see how kind all the girls were to her. They all did everything they could to make her feel included, and it was such a wonderful thing to see. I teared up more than once. Even though I'm completely exhausted and have no see um bites that are driving me insane, it really was a wonderful experience.
But can you believe I forgot my camera?
Yes. I did. I only got one shot with my phone.
This is where we camped. We were in the bottom of a canyon, and there were waterfalls coming out of the canyon walls.(And I really wish I had some photos of that.) We woke up to the sound of those waterfalls every morning. It was beautiful, 
but I'm glad to be home. 




Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

awesome tip!!! thank you!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Waking up to waterfalls sounds so nice. Glad you survived and actually enjoyed it.

Hey thanks for the maps tip. I've been scouring garage sales for some to use on window blinds for the playroom. Never thought of Walmart. :)

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

Thanks so much for the map tip! I say I don't like Wal-Mart...but they come through on cheap decorating materials again and again! :)

It sounds like you had a beautiful setting for your camping trip. I'm glad it was a good experience for everyone.

laxsupermom said...

Great tip! I'll admit I avoid Walmart like the plague, but I may just have to venture there, because I have a couple of map project ideas brewing.

Beautiful pic! It must have been truly wonderful to wake up to the sound of the trickling waterfalls. Thanks for sharing.

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

I have been wanting a large map. I think it would look cool above my bed. I was almost tempted to buy one from Ikea, although I think it was close to $30. So at this price I must go get me one.
Thanks for your comments on my Bee box, I actually thought of you as I was working on it, Thinking, This looks like something Suzanne would have.
Glad you had a great time at girls camp. Have a great week.

Dagmar said...

Hi Suzanne...I have a number of old atlases that have some lovely maps in them and if course the ones from NG...all this pull out maps from around the world. I used to stored them in the suitcase I gave to Cindy for her BD. I wonder if our Canadian one have some of our country?
Looks like you had a great spot for camping..good moon shot with your phone!
ox

Ido said...

Thank you so much for the map tip, I love maps and would be a great idea to decorate my library.
XXX Ido

A Cottage Muse said...

So glad you had fun!

hilary... said...

so happy you had fun!

gail said...

welcome home! waterfalls? how peaceful.
gail

Red Gate Farm said...

Thanks for the map tip... I just saw the cutest thing/project in Martha Stewart Living that I want to copy and I need a US map!

Happy to hear your trip was fun!!

~Chris

NanaDiana said...

Glad you're home. I've had a hard time finding people that I can tease-(those that I know can take it). Great find on the maps....now if I only had one so I could find my way to Walmart....xo Diana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...