Friday, January 27, 2012

Rice Krispy Treat Kisses~RePost

This is a repost from February 11th of last year.
I started making these for my kids on Valentine's day a loooong time ago.
Now even my grown kids still want one every year.  
(I haven't seen these on blogland before, so either everybody and their dog knows about them and it's too boring to post about, or it's not a widespread thing. I'm hoping for the latter.)
They're really simple and really easy to make.
Start with a basic recipe for Rice Krispy Treats.
(I added a recipe at the end of the post, just in case you've never made these. Just in case you live in, I don't know, Outer Mongolia and have never heard of Rice Krispy Treats before.)
I doubled the batch.
Then take a funnel
like this one, and butter the inside. Butter your hands, too.
Then you just smoosh the Rice Krispy Treats into the funnel. Don't pack it too tight or you'll have something so hard it will be almost inedible. Almost. Just make them firm enough that when you take the treats out of the funnel that you'll have a shape like this.
I pinch the top and press down a little, to make the sides a little curvier.
You can fill the funnel all the way to the rim, or just half way, to make smaller ones.
These are some small ones.
Wait for them to set up.
Then melt a bag of chocolate chips and dip the tips of the kisses 
in the melted chocolate.
One bag is enough for 6 large and 12 smaller kisses.
Then you have to wait for the chocolate to set up. 
While I was waiting, I printed out sheets of paper that said "I Love You" in a light blue font and cut them into strips. You can say whatever you want on yours. 
(Clean your room, stop teasing your sister, buy me a house and a car when you grow up...whatever you want.)
 Then you just wrap them all up in tin foil!
It's so easy.
Kids love them.
And did I mention that they're easy?









Rice Krispy Treats


Melt 3 Tbs. of butter in a large bowl. Add 40 large marshmallows. Microwave on high until the marshmallows start to puff up. Stir until smooth. You may have to microwave a little longer. 
Add 6 cups of Rice Krispies, stir until thoroughly blended. Pat into a buttered pan, or shape into kisses.



           Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!




Pin It


22 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

and they till look sweet and tasty!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

How Yummy! I think I will make some of these this weekend with my 10 yr old. Thanks for sharing!

Feral Turtle said...

You are amazing. I think I will make these for my kids for Valentines Day. They will love them! Thank you!

Robin and Pam said...

How cute! I've never seen rice krispy treats done this way before.

michelle said...

These are the cutest!!! What a great idea!
xoxox

maureen said...

darling idea, thanks for reposting. it looks like you are getting all set for Valentine's day!

Emreen said...

Wow... Lovely idea... They look delicious..!!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

love this, delicious fun easy and sweet

gail said...

ohhh how I wish I had some rice krispies!!!

yummy!
gail

NanaDiana said...

I am glad you reposted this. When my computer crashed I had all kinds of recipes saved into my documents and lost them all. This was one of them. How cute! I wish we were going to be around on Valentine's week to make them! xo Diana

becky said...

Okay. another great post. Those are so cute. I guess I'm just not domestic at all anymore. I wish I had someone to make those for. No family in town. I'd make them for myself but they are like a gazillion calories ... right?

Dagmar said...

hi Suzanne,
I have never seen these before..so sweet..they will be on my list to make for valentines day for sure...thanks for sharing!

Xo

A Cottage Muse said...

What a cute idea!
Would love one for breakfast right now!

Sharon G said...

These look amazing! Can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing :)

Sue said...

Oh I am making these tomorrow! They are adorable, Suzanne. I always add another type of cereal to my treats- Kroger's house brand of granola cereal w/nuts. ( oh, and more buttah!) Oh my, does that make a difference. Thanks for the great and fun idea. ♥ Sue

Lori said...

What a perfect idea. Yum..

Charlene Austin said...

Perfect for my nieces and nephews and the neighbors kids! Thank you for the great idea!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So cute! Love how you wrapped them.

♥Rondell

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I had forgotten about these! I'm so glad you reposted! I want to make these for the boys' class. Pinning now. :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Oh, one last thing. Do you remember what font you used for the message strips? It's so simple and pretty.

Heather @ The Junktion said...

What a genius idea! I stumbled across your blog and I'm so glad I did...can't stop reading it. I'm your newest follower!

Teri said...

Love this idea. I want to make them with my grands! My mom lives in Boise and my brother in Meridian. Love your blog! Esp. the string/twine flowers :)
Teri
www.rosepetalr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...