Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Still Making Jewelry

I decided to try something harder. I saw this photo 
on Pinterest and fell in love with it. But all I could find was black leather cording, and I couldn't find a clasp like that to save my soul. So this is what I have.
It's OK. I don't know if I'll wear it much. 
(yeah, I did photoshop all my scars, age spots and large wrinkles out of the picture)
 It's a little too big. But 5 of those knots made it too small, so it had to be 6. 
Pin It
I just really need a better clasp. Something more solid so that the band won't twist like that. 
Anyone know where I can get one? 
I'd order more leather and make a white one, or maybe a pink one, but I could only find fold over claps that were on the, well, butt ugly side. Or worth more than all my jewelry combined. Paying that much for a clasp seems a little ridiculous. 

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That looks pretty darned cute to me-even with that clasp I think it's adorable. xo Diana

Dagmar said...

You will find the right clasp for sure..love what you did, it it called a Turkish knot? Looks amazing! ❤

shaggysheephome said...

Love how it looks. You definitely need a white one. Wish I could tell you were to find the clasp. The one you have looks nice.

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

that is awesome! clasps are hard to figure out...the ones you find at Hobby Lobby, Michael's or JoAnne's are pretty much your standard clasps. You find better ones at bead shops and bead shows and some are expensive especially if they are sterling.
i think you did a fabulous job...this design would also make an awesome belt :)

Lisa said...

Wow. I love it. You copied it perfectly. I can't offer a suggestion for another type of clasp without seeing how the ends look without a clasp. But here is a link to thr riogrande page for jewelry findings. Maybe you'll see something there you like better.

http://www.riogrande.com/Category/Findings-and-Finished-Jewelry/132?gclid=CM209rmz1LMCFUYw4AodR30AKw

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

love the bracelet,, good luck finding the right clasp.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Ooh, I like that design! I've seen some on etsy. Have you tried it with rope? Hope you can find the right clasp. Check etsy. They sell supplies too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...