Wednesday, January 2, 2013

This Is When I Love Winter

You see things during the winter that you don't see any other time.
I love it when it looks like this.
 The cows don't like it much. Maybe it's the ice goatee.
 Or maybe it's just that
 they have to wait for help before they can get a drink.
Yup. Frozen solid. Solid. It was that cold. 
This hawk didn't look too happy, either. 
 But I think it's beautiful.
 You have to be quick to get pictures of frost like this. As soon as the sun comes out, it drops off. 
Ten minutes after I took these pictures, it all started to disappear.
But it was beautiful while it was here.
Sunsets are also pretty spectacular. It's like the snow is on fire. 


Thanks for reading! 
Pin It

18 comments:

Jaime Costiglio said...

Suzanne you truly captured the frosty gorgeousness! It's so thick and fluffy but hanging on vertically too, those pics are beautiful, I can almost feel the cold on my face.

Constance said...

I miss beautiful winter scenes like that.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

wow, that is stunning!!!! happy new year! :)

Jess said...

Just gorgeous...nothing better can describe it in my opinion.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Wow - those are gorgeous. I'm glad you were up and at 'em bright and early and managed to capture those photos.

Girdie Fae said...

Oh, how beautiful!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous.

Jenny said...

I love winter & this is one of the reason why. It's definitely worth getting out of bed early to make memories like these.

Dagmar said...

It definitely has a beauty all of it's own..you captured it so well!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

wow! beautiful pictures Suzanne! oh my, you live in the best place for taking pics like this!
that poor cow! I'm such a city girl...lol
thanks for sharing these pics with us.
Happy New Year!
gail

Theresa said...

OHHH I love when the world looks like that in the morning too, as long as I am all snug and warm inside to snap the pics!!! Happy New Year! love, t.xoxo

NanaDiana said...

Wow- Suzanne- You took some AMAZING pictures- I love them- great job- xo Diana

Sherry Calamia said...

You really captured the frost beautifully! Amazing photos, the trees looks absolutely gorgeous!

Sandy said...

Beautiful pics!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I absolutely love these pictures! I've pinned one of the tree to my board "Takes Your Breath Away" tried to get the sunset but Pinterest is having hiccups today:)

Cassie said...

Beautiful winter shots Suzanne!
Waiting for a frosty day here to get outside and capture some myself!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your photos are stunning! There is nothing more beautiful than a frosty morning.

Mandie McIlroy said...

these are great pictures!!

Rita Bellussi said...

Beautiful pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...