Thursday, February 7, 2013

Let's Revisit The Past

So. 
This old chair
I posted about it a LONG time ago. 
I started to work on it last August. 
I even found some fabric 
that looked perfect.
But it wasn't, and I gave up.
 But then I started working on it again.
 I had most of the grain sacks, but stalled when I needed one more for the seat.
 This is VERY imperfect. Almost deconstructed.
 And I'm still trying to figure out the back of the seat.
 Some of the sacks are stained, but it's OK with me. 
Since perfection is so highly over-rated. I used some aluminum tacks on the corners.
(Note to self. Don't use aluminum tacks. They give off some black smudgy stuff that does NOT come off.)
I like it~it's functional and it has personality. 

Thanks for reading!


Pin It

14 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love it! i think it's so cool and unique!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Ta da! Never give up! I've got some old feed sacks cut out to cover a metal chair/stepstool thingie. That was in July, and it's been sitting unfinished in the basement since then. You've inspired me to pull it out again and see if it's salvageable.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

It is so hard to work on a project *again*! Love your re-do of a re-do. Great work.

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Well, I think it's looking wonderful!

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Well, I think it's looking wonderful!

COTTAG3 said...

I love it. I love the deconstructed look although this looks pretty finished to me. The grainsacks were the perfect choice.

Dagmar said...

Hi Suzanne,
You know, I am loving it the way it is, maybe it doesn't need over thinking..it looks loved and comfortable..how good is that..
xo

Bliss said...

That turned out great, so I'm pinning it.

Bliss

Gail Wilson said...

not only is it difficult to redo a redo, but after having it out of sight for awhile, it's hard to pick it up again... oh wait, I'm referring to MY chairs that I started and never finished.
Love the colors of the grain sacks!
great job Suzanne
gail

Saeed Zia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saeed Zia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
omair khan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love those sacks. Such great color. You did a really good job with the folds. Just continue on the right just like the left. Then add that fabric tape to the back of the seat like you did on the backrest. I love it!

Amy Kinser said...

Wonderful personality for sure.

I am still here looking at your old posts. Where have I been and why I have been missing what you have been sharing? I have got to see if you have an email sign up so I will get your updates.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...