Thursday, June 20, 2013

Some Wedding Shabbiness

Have you seen this on Pinterest?
source
Gorgeous, right?
(You can buy the print on this website~AND!~go get your credit cards~you can get this on an Iphone case. Yeah, it's #1 on my list of wants.) 
So the engaged one liked this a lot, and we racked our brains trying to decide how we could use something like this for her wedding reception.
 We came up with nada. 
But I was in Hobby Lobby recently, and saw this. The first letter of what will be her new last name. 
source
I had an idea. Some stain, some scrapbook paper, a sander, a little distress ink and
Voila! A fairly rough version. And I like it!
It's not a lot like the inspiration photo, actually.
But two more letters next to it with different paper would look pretty cool. 
I hope she'll like it. 

Thanks for reading!

Pin It

7 comments:

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Very pretty! It's funny; i was thinking of doing something similar for my girls...you may have tipped the scale in their favor!

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

So neat! It reminds me a lot of that first inspiration picture. Congratulations to your daughter. I bet your having fun with all of the planning.

Roseanna said...

Love it...very nicely done.

Bliss said...

I like it and just did a B for my daughter that I picked up at a garage sale.

Bliss

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Very pretty with the aged brown wood showing through!

Dagmar said...

Suzanne, I love the vintage floral, fade design on wood for and IPhone cover, but your letter is amazing..great job..I have some vintage wall paper that looks like that..love how the wood is exposed.
Happy weekend.
xo

Zjourney said...

Good thing I came looking at your blog... Pink was going to do a mosaic letter for her! hhmmm... new plan... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...